Brushing with fluoride toothpaste, frequent flossing, and rinsing with dentist recommended mouthwash has always gone hand-in-hand-in-hand. But unlike brushing and flossing, there are more than a few people who occasionally choose to disregard rinsing with a mouthwash.
So why rinse with mouthwash anyway? For one, rinsing with dentist recommended mouthwash lowers the risk of developing many dental anomalies, such as tooth decay and gum disease, among many others.
Always an imperative to keeping your gums and teeth in pristine condition, the many benefits of using mouthwash include:
- Actively prevents plaque build-up. A mouth that is plagued with plaque is far from being healthy. Good quality mouthwash improves overall oral health conditions mainly by preventing plaque from forming on dental surfaces. Unfortunately, even an excellent mouthwash is not typically able to reduce already existing plaque. It is exactly for this reason why brushing and flossing always go hand-in-hand
- Actively stops cavities from forming. Good quality mouthwash, much like good quality toothpaste, is formulated with fluoride. Fluoride is especially good for the teeth as it reinforces your teeth enamel, thereby actively preventing dental decay. To optimise the oral health benefits of rinsing with a mouthwash, make sure that you buy a product that is formulated with fluoride.
- Targets plaque. Although not all, some mouthwashes are actually formulated with tinting ingredients. These tinting ingredients temporarily stain the dental surface with plaque so you can clearly see which parts of your pearly whites need more thorough brushing.
- Keeps your breath fresh. Mouthwash works by killing tooth-decay causing bacteria, which are the same bacteria that causes bad breath. This makes mouthwash especially effective in keeping your breath minty fresh.
Dentist In Ballarat
There is arguably no better way of ensuring optimal oral health conditions than by consulting with your local Dentist In Ballarat CBD at CBD Dental Ballarat. CBD Dental Ballarat gives the local Ballarat community with the most pleasant dental experience possible using the most efficient dental treatments in modern dentistry. Claim your FREE dental consultation by calling us at (03) 5332 3148, or simply by booking an appointment online.
- 26 Mar, 2014
- Ryan Davies
- 0 Comments
- Dental Checkups in Ballarat, Dentist Ballarat, Fresh breath, General Dentistry in Ballarat, Mouthwash,